Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I read the same article in Motorhome magazine.

158K for a class B motorhome that you must kneel in the aisles to load the refrigerator and one that is plagued by exhaust emissions problems.

Let's see no generator and uses an inverter and 6 batteries, yep good for boon docking.

10 gal black water, 21 gal grey water, 33 gal fresh water maybe good for three days most

The thing I find interesting about the article is they do not mention why their price as tested is 30,000 more than the MSRP. Is that the cost of the inverter, alternator and batteries?

Let's see the technology transfer to a Class A at a reasonable cost and then I'll consider whether or not it's worth the cost.
Dave, the technology, or its concept at least, isn't tied to the size of the RV. Obviously a tiny Class B doesn't have the size of your Class A, but that shouldn't affect how the same equipment could be installed and used in other motorhomes. The biggest limitation I see at present is that only Mercedes offers an optional bracket to install a second generator. I guess Ford could but doesn't yet.

I did pick up on the price, but as bad as it looks, I'm not sure it's that bad compared to having to install a diesel generator.

The E-Trek option is listed at $13,260, with $3,120 of that being the solar charging system. The difference of about $10,000 is comparable with what Sportsmobile charges for a very small diesel generator that fits under a van. And the E-Trek option includes other features besides solar that makes the cost differential even closer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum