Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 04:49 AM   #30
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kake95 View Post
Just ran a test on my front A/C. Now mine are 13.5k BTU units so I would expect a little lower performance. IT was 105F in my coach. No sun on RV did it at dusk. The sensor was about halfway up on the far left side (looking up through air intake) of my core.
Pulled and tied to hang in the air intake path. Could only reach 65F on discharge through the slide vent on rear of A/C. A Delta T of about 21-22F. After about 40mins. Going to move the sensor to the middle about 4-5" from the bottom and insulate the roof top air box hopefully that will get me a discharge below 60 Deg. F. I really want to get to at least 55 Deg. F.
Great. Let us know your outcome. Hopefully you can get to 45 to 50 deg output temp. If not try leaving your probe loose like another member suggested.

Dont forget to seal or tape the insulation wall that separates the hot from the cold side. Its right in the middle of the AC unit looking straight up. Mine had a few small leaks along the "walls" and could move very easy - so all of the mods add up over time. Others had said it was leaning sideways and leaking major cold air into the warm side so the unit thinks it colder than what it actully is inside the RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.