Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: External Sink
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #4
USTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: South Dakota
THOR #9611
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Sorry cant help you but something you said bothered me. You stated you leave the black and gray tank open when at the campground.

You should not leave the black open It should only be opened when dumping.

If you leave it open the solids will not leave and you will get the dreaded brown pyramid.

Jerry
Thanks For the info. I have not heard about the potential problem you mentioned and will be more careful from here on. On a side note, when camped for a period longer than a couple of days I do not leave the tank valves open, preferring to dump them every day or two. But when traveling and just staying in a spot for just 1 to 3 nights I do leave the valves open. We also use tank additives after dumping and before we leave the campground and so far they seem to do a really good job of breaking down the solids and also cleaning the sensors while we are driving. I will monitor things more closely now however. Thanks again for the heads up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum