Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #46
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
first off... I am willing to throw everything I know, or think I know out the window to learn something new....the probe deal...seems to me that it is a temp sensor that senses 32 degrees and shuts the compressor down..... sound about right???? and the AC is a cold / heat exchanger.... right... meaning the Freon comes in to the evap cold, the warm air inside blows across the evap and cools and blows out the service duct... the hot Freon goes then to the condenser...where it is cooled... then back to get re compressed, making it cold again... sound about right???? so the probe does nothing till the evap gets to 32 degrees.... right???so would you mind giving more imput that I obviously don't have....how would moving the probe up or down do any thing, unless you were freezing up the coils???next,... the very most efficient...is a 22 degree split.... your say'n that you are getting a 27 degree split... but @ 90 degree ambient temp, 72 is only a 18 degree temp drop...
I haven’t read through all the posts, but doubt this has been covered. First, since you are willing to learn and I have experience designing and installing large refrigeration systems, I’ll add that your order of equipment the refrigerant goes through isn’t correct. For the context of this thread, however, I don’t think that matters much. Just mentioning it in case you want to look it up or discuss it further.

Secondly, you should think of the evaporator as a heat exchanger that is designed to operate with as little refrigerant pressure drop as practical. This means that in an evaporator, refrigerant goes in mostly as liquid and “evaporates” from liquid to gas at essentially (plus or minus) one pressure and thus one temperature. As long as there is a mixture of refrigerant liquid and gas present, the temperature won’t be significantly different. It’s only after all liquid has evaporated that the remaining refrigerant gas will warm quickly and not cool as much.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum