Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #9
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
It is a PLCMTR92 Back-Up kit from Amazon. It was an open box purchase but Pyle replaced the missing parts on the mount free. I plan on installing the camera in addition to the stock camera, if it ever gets below 100+ here. I plan on using the stock camera to monitor the truck and dolly and the new camera as a rear view camera. I used a Pyle 7" monitor and camera on the previous RV and was very pleased with it. One more suggestion - I have mounted the monitor outside of my normal view before - about the windshield. It did not work well. Most of us are trained to scan left to right and not look up or down. This is because humans have much better peripheral vision left and right as opposed to up and down, so mount the monitor in a line in-between the rear view side mirrors. That way you will get max use of it without retraining your eye scan.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.