Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #58
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I think you missed part of the point about the delta T.

if you start off the day to do your mods, and it's let's say 90 degrees F inside.
So a properly running unit will be pushing out air around about 70-75 after it's running for a few minutes.
So you start messing around for an hour...taping things up, moving probes around, taking measurements.... the whole while that air conditioner is bringing the inside temp down from 90 to let's say 80 now.

Now, assuming the AC is still running at the same efficiency...but it's now starting with 80 degree air rather than the 90 before.
so 80-15= 65...so now it's output is 60-65.

Did your improvements make for a 10 degree improvement?

nope, no change at all.

The thing is only capable of so much energy transfer and is only so efficient. No doubt improvements can be made...and you've suggested some things that make sense...but at the end of the day it's taking in air and can only drop the temp of that air so much. It's how much it's dropping it that is what will tell you how well your improvements work.... the difference, or delta T... the outlet temps are only part of the equation....
Your right but I always test the next day and note the outside and inside temps when I start so I can compare apples to apples.

But keep in mind that most of us have been using our RV's for a while so any mod we make we know its working if its drastic. Dont take a Rocket scientist to know that 45 degree output temp is better than 55 or 65 and WILL cool the rig sooner and should yeild lower inside temps over time.

Last year the best I could do was 82 deg in full sun with refective bubble at 95 deg outside temp. This year NO bubbles (but tinted windows - but the bubble would insulated much better) 95 degrees at the same house facing the same direction and I can get 72 - 74 deg. consistantly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum