Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 03:01 AM   #62
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
A significant portion of the A/C’s rated capacity is used to remove moisture from the air. You’re correct that measuring temperatures alone doesn’t tell the entire story. When tested for certification, these A/Cs are operated under controlled conditions which includes relative humidity.

One thing that is a CERTAINTY is that when A/Cs are operated at lower evaporator pressure/temperature, they will require more power per amount of cooling; assuming everything else remains the same. The compressor has to elevate the refrigerant from a lower pressure up to the condensing pressure. That means lower A/C thermodynamic efficiency. You also lose overall cooling capacity.

Im sure your right.... my ac just pours out the water all the time. But is humid down in AR and that is on par with my home and cars.

How are we "loseing overall cooling Capacity" when its cooling the RV down better now than ever in my case? Or are saying that "over time" we are going to kill the AC unit because we are forcing it to work harder than it should?

Perhaps your right.

If the avg RV AC unit lasts 10 year but you only see 82 - 85 at best in the hot part of the summer but with the mods you can get 72 - 75 deg and it only last 5 or 6 years I would NOT be too upset. Now only two years of life.... that would suck.

If your happy with your AC cooling your RV in the summer time than great. This tread is not for you.

If your NOT happy with your AC cooling and you want to "try" a few tips and tricks BEFORE you spend money to either "fix" your AC unit OR BEFORE you add a 2nd AC unit than great.

It not like I'm trying to get the AC to put out 25 deg temp - if so im sure something would go wrong. All I want to do is have my AC cool down my rig like it should. All I expect is consistant temps in the mid 70's. Sure if its 115 outside it might be 80 inside and if its 75 degees outside It might be able to cool to 60 inside. But at 95 deg I want around 75 degree temp inside - and right now Im able to do that or even less.

I want everyone to go purchase a small RV temp gauge and test their output temps this weekend and post here. They only cost like 6 bucks.

That way we can see what the average is. But we need to note which brand AC, BTU's and the # of AC units we are running.

Cant wait to see the results.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum