Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #15
High Plains

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Colorado
THOR #12314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

BandG,
DW and I are planning a trip to the Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak area and being a train buff (kid that never grew up) I checked into the cog train. It is going to be down for the foreseeable future needing major replacement of track which they say is not accessible (they build the thing somehow!!). Their website has updates.
If your a big train buff and heading out this way look into Cheyenne, WY. The old Train Depot is open for tours and also has a museum and a nice train layout as well. While we're in North Platte this weekend I'm planning on going to the golden Spike Tower at the train yard there.

As for Pikes Peak, hopefully they get the Cog repaired, now during the busy hours you can drive part way up the highway then you have to take a shuttle the rest of the way up. there's limited parking on top now that they are building a new Summit House.
Calhan, CO
High Plains is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum