Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 03:16 AM   #36
Nursx2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I know it's not a Thor, but a couple of trips with the prior rig were fun due to weather.

First pic is a July 4, 2013 trip to New River Junction in Blacksburg VA. Notice anything strange from the pic. Hint, it took a F250 4x4, 2 logging chains and a tow strap to get me out of the campsite. The coach sunk in the mud 6 inches (up to the rims) overnight. I learned my lesson with this trip, never arrive at a camp sight after dark in heavy rain.

Attachment 545

The next pic was the second to last trip before getting the Thor. This was October 2014 in Fancy Gap, VA. We stopped for four days on our way to Nashville for a week and then a 4 day FMCA rally in Crossville, TN. In Fancy Gap it was cold enough that the campground turned off the water 2 nights in a row to prevent freezing. The reason for the stop was the wife wanted to visit an Alpaca farm. The lesson learned from this trip was don't winterize the coach, take it out camping.

Attachment 546

Rv'ing is not a mode of transportation, it is a way of life.
Now this is HARD CORE!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.