Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 12:57 AM   #8
phoeg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Good Luck, and Happy Hunting!
I did some more sleuthing and still no luck. The LED indicator next to the hour meter (in the coach) is also inop. I realized that when I've run the generator for it's occasional maintenance run, that we've always been on shore power. I wondered if it was producing power at all! I disconnected the coach from commercial power and tried again. I got AC from the outlets, so I suspect it's somewhere in the hour meter wiring itself. Nothing looked out of place at the generator.

We did have a problem fixed wherein a wiring harness wasn't properly routed and rubbed against the driveshaft, BUT...those wires went side to side across the underside of the coach and were nowhere near the generation or the interior status panel.

I don't anticipate using it much on our upcoming trip, but to be sure I will change the oil and keep an approximate record of the time it runs, then later in the fall have the dealer service look at it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.