Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 01:06 AM   #30
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvman View Post
Thanks Don, I didn't see a plate so will look for that. I do have a cap and am wondering if that may lead to that area. Will check. Good tip on the WD area. I remember that being open. My batteries are first compartment left front so would be great to have an area closer to the front.

How many batteries do you have installed. Not sure if your are the same but I have 2 6v and the pump is there so dont see a way to ass more.
I think we have the same rig, 2014.5 Thor Challenger 37GT. The batteries are in the front compartment - 2 -6 Volt, I used the next compartment back and put 4 more 6 Volt trojan 225 amp hour batteries. A total of 6 batteries for 675 amp hours total. I picked up a tub at home depot that was big enough to hold them (with a lid) and vented through the wall into the front battery compartment. I drilled a few holes in the wall and used a 2" hose with some screen to keep the bugs out for venting just make sure it is sealed so all gasses are vented properly.

Although this is a pass through compartment this worked out great as it gave me a place in that one compartment (the one with the inverter, 2nd back) to put my MPPT controller and sub panel and inline fuse for the solar. I even have room in front of the battery bin to put extra water, testers, paper towels and such, and the top of the bin holds my battery tester and manuals for the MPPT controller and what ever.

I did put a piece of 3/4" plywood down on the floor just for a little extra support.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum