Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 3901 Aria
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #19
redline

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ARIA 3901
State: California
THOR #9361
Total disappointment!!

Hi All,
This has been a long time coming as one issue after the next pops up with this POS, but today takes the cake. First off, to those of you who have a 3901 with little or no issues, I couldn't be happier for you. After waiting 5 months and assuming more care and consideration would be put into this build as there was a name on it, no such luck. Despite a huge list of issues on initial inspection, we chose to take the coach and bring it back after a couple outings. One issue they tried to fix was the ice maker line to the back the fridge that flooded the rig. Get it home and start prepping to go out at Easter and it still leaks, flooding again. OK, turn off the valve in the access box. By the way, did you know your whole house filter does NOT filter your fresh water tank, only filters when hooked to the spigot. Also look carefully at the window behind the pop up TV, you may see daylight where some of the frame corners meet the wall. Saw 3 like this, including mine.
So off we head for the desert. Turn on the dash air and didn't get any!! not a big deal as it was not too hot yet. Found water leaks under the sink though and the pullout faucet getting stuck in plumbing. Found hardware falling out of bath room slide out cabinets, privacy door doesn't close right, Island has to be lifted up to slide back in and other things along the way.
So next trip is to Mule Days in Bishop, Ca over Memorial Day and things are getting a bit warmer now. Parked in a friends yard that has 50 amp service but I could not get close enough so I had to drop to a 30 amp cord and back up. Thought I should have 30 amps but unit showed 15? Oh well, maybe me, not real sharp on that stuff. Run the generator to cool things down. 4 hours in the afternoon, both units, and I could not get the coach below 76 front or rear, ambient was 87 degrees!!!! Stopped at a campground, plugged into 50 amp service, showed 50 amps, plugged into 30 amp, they had both, showed 15 amps still!!!
So now we were getting ready to head to the Sierras for a few days dry camping. After this trip, it was going back to get a major list of work done. Leave early and beat the heat, get what I can from the gen during the day and the evenings are cool enough that the fans will keep us cool. Trying to leave my driveway, I have an issue with the jacks, which by the way have a leak around the pump. Can't get them to work. After doing a bit of poking around, I have no power to the pump. Looking around, there is a solenoid by the inverter, power in, none out, and a 100 amp breaker in the coach battery box that won't reset, seems there is a major short somewhere and i'm not sure where else to look. Well, more looking finds no generator, slides, step, shades and power loss to the fuse box in the jack compartment.
So now, I can't even drive this thing. Will call them tomorrow, but feel the end result will be that it gets towed out of here. I always leave myself open to pilot error as maybe I did or overlooked something but all I've done is drive it. The list we have is huge, but for the most part is small stuff but this is crazy and i'm afraid it will never end or be fixed. Best of luck to you all.
Russ

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum