Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 AM   #102
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Great info GM tech, Did you have your shades done in all your windows (including the cockpit) when your rig was in full sun?

Did you use any of the reflective bubbles in the RV at all?

I think the only "easy" way to make the AC more efficient on our rigs is to reject as much heat as you can before it gets into the RV.

If your in one spot all day (or longer) try and use reflective bubbles.

I know my window tint helped tremendously esp driving down the road.

Plus adding the clear tint to my shower skylight and the fat mat to the tops of the roof vents helped further. I did a write up on this about a week ago.

On Saturday I was working on my Axis and I put my hand on the inside wall with the full sun on it and it was very warm. No wonder the AC struggles. If they just made the wall 1/2 thicker with foam insulation that would help tremendously. Plus if we had double pane windows.

I thought about this on SAT as well..... It would be nice to have an awning on the driver side that way you can put it out for the afternoon sun to keep the entire side of the RV in shade. I also thought about if you mounted hooks on the side of the RV about in inch below were the walls meet the roof you could attach a 20 x 8 sunshade of some sort and anchor to the groud with stake or weights of some sort. You might be able to use some of those industrial suction cups (the kind with the lever that holds incredibly well).

Also if we have an option on the way the RV is parked - it would be much cooler to have the rear of the RV in the direct sunlight (esp in afternoons). Not only is the wall much smaller compared to your side (only 94 - 101 inches on most RV's) it wont have the front cockpit windows to let the heat in. Put refective bubble in the rear windows would be help as well.

Let use know if you come up with any more answers. Thanks for your time and relentless pursuit of perfection.
I've came a long long way on my 24.1....as of now... I have seen 44 degrees at the reg...and my coach set at 75, the actual temp is 72 degrees and it will cycle off.. temp gun show bedding at 62 degrees as well as counter tops,.. and my thought agree's with yours, it not the AC but the ability to retain the cool...the coach consists of about 40% single pane glass, and add the low R value walls and such... we do use or coach sometimes for boating, but most use is winter at the dunes and off roading..then it's the opposite , try'n to keep it warm without running the heater all the time and killing the batterys..mostly we use the heater to keep the chill of and set the stat at 50 at night... then crank it up in the morning, the bubble wrap in the windows was a huge add... now instead of the glass showing 130 degrees, it has been a few degrees cooer than the wallsand also, though it could be better, it's working good enough to be very comfortable..
I'll be watching to see if I missed something..thanks… vegas24.1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum