Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 3901 Aria
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 03:47 AM   #20
m1noel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Wow Russ, sorry you are going through all of this. Hopefully when you call, they can direct you towards a simple fix for your electrical issues. I can maybe help you with a few minor things. While the firefly control sometimes figures out what hookups we have, it usually doesn't. But pressing the readout will allow you to manually set the amps. It seems to default to 15. If you fill your fresh water tank through the city water hook up instead of the gravity fill, your water gets filtered. Our Fleetwood was the same. It takes longer to fill this way, but you do get filtered water. When we first got ours, I found that almost all of the under sink water connections were not even hand tight. It was an easy fix, but one that should have been done right at the factory. They say they check for leaks with air pressure. I don't know how they could not have caught all the loose connections. Also, in the mid bath, the gasket that should have been installed between the drain and sink, was installed below the sink, around the drain pipe. I only found this when I needed to refill the toilet paper. I found the open Costco pack of TP weighed in around 40lbs. All of the leakage had been contained in the rolls and the plastic packaging, so it didn't ruin the cabinet. Luckily. We have always had to lift the counter top extension also. I don't know why, but when looking at it, it appears to have been designed that way. When you pull it out, it drops into a slot, maybe to make it more stable? Our door frame on the shower had not been caulked, so it leaked horribly first time out. No daylight around our window behind the TV though. Our first 5 months were pretty horrible. Everything our dealer fixed wasn't. I got pretty irate and the service manager got involved, and stuff started getting fixed. Even stuff the first service writer said couldn't be fixed, was. Oh, they have since fired him. A couple of things I have called Thor about and they have shipped me parts that I could install myself. This was way easier and took much less time than taking it to the dealer. The people at Thor have been excellent in my opinion. Keep after the dealer and Thor to make it right and explain to them that you don't have time for them to just keep it for months on end because you need to use it. This has also started working for us. The last time at the dealer, to fix a leaking compartment, they took it in and fixed it while I waited. We are coming up on 7000 miles on ours since delivery. I still find something here or there that needs tightened, but we've been out in it on 6 or 7 multi night trips this summer and everything is just working. Just got back today from 5 days, nights and I enjoyed every minute of it. I really hope you will get to that point, and I hope ours just keeps working the way it is.
Good luck,
Mike

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.