Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #112
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
EXACTLY!

Hey blw2, if I was going to add another roof air to my Vegas I think I'd go with the Mach 3 Power Saver. My Onan is good for 33 amps. The 15k draws around 15 amps. The Mach 3 PS is supposed to draw around 10 amps. So as long as I don't try using the microwave or anything else big the Onan should have no problem running both of those units at the same time. If I want the easy solution on mine I might just go that route.

I'm not giving up on the 15k yet, I have it off the coach and I'm trying a few cheap/easy mods to see if it helps any. I can't rotate it 180 very easily because of the ducting, that's a bummer. So much for increasing the efficiency while driving.
they used to put 2 AC's on the roof of a 4k onan gen powered coach... the thermostat would only let one hard start at a time...both fans would come on,.. one compressor, then after it was running for a few minutes, the other compressor would kick in,..my thought was this... I was gonna put another AC where the front vent is,..and up the gen to a 5k,.. done it before... pretty easy, and the new 4k will sell quick..so cutting the cost way down.

but.. the other way, maybe the cheapest … would be to just change out the plug by the door to 30 amp...and just make sure not to use other stuff when both are running...

but,..with all the windows covered,..112 degree's ambient , i'm able to get 72 degrees inside and the unit cycles off..so I really don't think I'll need it...

still have to do a havasu trip to see for sure..if there is a AC that only draws 10 amps max, you could do it with the same plug... I just hope they didn't wire it w/ 14-2...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum