Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
K0LCB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmaloley View Post
Hello this is my first time doing the RV weekend life and have decided weekends will not cut it. I anticipate retiring soon if all goes as planned and I am curious to find out how others do the RV life. We have a 2018 Thor ACE 32.1. Some things of course do not work and some of the workmanship after we started using it was like REALLY? The headboard of the bed was not screwed into the wall. The awning quit working and the bed over the cab will not lower but all was working when we picked it up. Had an issue with power that I was able to fix myself (pats on back).

Even with a few hiccups we are ready to start the travel. The past two weekends we took it out have really given me the bug to do more and more.

I have questions about toads and what are the best vehicles etc... Short trips we can follow with a car but that gets old and I have no one to talk to or help on the drive.

I did discover if you do not hit the main power on your way into the coach good luck trying to get the radio/camera to function. Apparently that is tied to the house batteries. I was trying to not run anything on the short run to the campground. Lesson learned.

I have watched some helpful youtube stuff on boondocking and staying at walmarts and cabellas on trips to cut down on costs. Is it best to do camping clubs? Interested in peoples thoughts that have done all, both, some.

Anyways. I love the RV even with its flaws. I am sure it will serve us for a few years.
Congratulations! Welcome to our group! I hope y’all have fun!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.