Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Oh my! Who would have thought it?

Wow! We have a 2016 Thor Ace 29.3... it is a great coach and everything works. No problems worth mentioning. 11K miles. We contacted Bretz RV to see about trading up for something a little bigger. Imagine our reaction when the salesman told us we could only get $47K trade. I know they are listed on RVT.com for up to $75. He never looked at our unit.

He told us extras put on like Safe-T-Plus etc. added no trade in value. He said virtually no "improvements" added value when you trade in. They were offering us about 50% of what we paid on a two year old coach! Needless to say we will keep it and drive it into the ground. I have owned a lot of cars over the years, and yes they depreciate, but 50% in only two years is unheard of in my experience. If I had known, I would not have purchased a new motor home. Oh well. That depreciation works out to more than $27,000 per year. On a coach that had a msrp of more than $112,000 which we paid $89,900 for. What has your experience been?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.