Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #137
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler-Head View Post
As this is becoming a long couple of threads, I do not know if this has been posted. I had to replace the motor in the front windshield blind and when I removed the front ceiling panel next to the glass I noticed there is no insulation from the windshield back to the 1st seam in the ceiling. (See pics below). There is just the underside of the fiberglass shell. When the RV is in the sunlight, the ceiling of this area is very very warm. I want to insulate this area, just need to do some research for insulation with a good R value.
Try knocking on the ceiling panel on both side of that seam and you will hear a distinct difference. The front ceiling is hollow.
Attachment 11747
Attachment 11748
OMG, I was wonder about this myself. The ACE has the same issue. I was going investigate this when I installed a drop down 12v fan in this area. I would use some Dyno matt stuff first to absorb sound then some frost king duct insulation. Both have an aluminum backing and self stick. Might even use some fiberglass batting to fill up the rest of this spot. I bet it will help with sound (wind noise) too! Let us know how it turns out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.