Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 07:24 PM   #6
Funhog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.4
State: Colorado
THOR #10498
Walmart Camping

So I Walmart camp often ... since many of our trips are in excess of 6 hours from the house.

Recently on the way back from San Antonio, we stopped in Dumas, Tx. at the Walmart right off US 287. It was early evening, and when we pulled in, there were a few 18-wheelers in the south lot. As I prepared to park, two of the big rigs pulled out and left me a premium spot along the curb. Walked to dinner a few blocks away, came back to an empty lot and thought WOW - got lucky.

Had the genie running for the house AC since it was about 1000 degrees outside. Read for a little while and hit the sack.

Up the next morning and started the coffee. Peaked out the window and WHOA - surrounded by big rigs. Not a few, but at least 10 trucks in the lot.

No big deal, just a little surprised:
A) never heard a thing all night long
B) everyone respectfully left everyone else room to maneuver
C) Great bunch of guys to chat with over coffee in the morning

Oh, and I figured out the RVs were parking on the west side of the lot to stay away from the trucks. However, the west side of the lot is adjacent to the highway so a lot of road noise all night.

Wife and I just chuckled as we motored up the road.
2016 Polaris RZR 1000 HLE
1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Funhog is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.