Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 12:18 AM   #16
Lbatt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Colorado
THOR #11875
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
I had a similar conversation with a good friend of mine.... RV vs. motel stays and the financial difference. I told him in my opinion owning a RV is not about saving money, quite the opposite. It is about not having to go through TSA at a zoo airport, not sleeping in a bed that you have no idea what, who, etc.. well, you get the idea. I also like the fact that we seem to get extremely relaxed when we get to our parking spot for the night(s) and I cannot be tempted to do work around the regular house. You are right, you are buying into a lifestyle.
I've been an outdoors guy since early teens, camping with just a bag, then upgraded to a tent when I got married, wife and I, and then the kids tent camped in REMOTE areas for years, been through several Navy survival schools including the pretty tough SERE, and I got along better than others as I had so much camping..and hunting/fishing experience.

Just frustrated as the used MH we bought in Utah, the leveling jack hydraulic hose ruptured enroute home in CO. And other problems right off the bat that the dealer should have had maintenance on....so 2 months into it, still haven't gone out. But we are ready to give it a go. Already looking to add solar and inverter as we are so used to boondocking prior with just a tent and a 4X4 to get us out and away.

Might be fun to actually not sleep on the hard ground, and have a kitchen to cook breakfast, rather than getting the campfire going on a cold morning. We lived in UT and CO, so our camping was always in the high mtns.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum