Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 09:26 PM   #151
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Let's see - $2,000 for a second A/V vs $20 for plastic hose and fittings plus a tube of Dicor to hold the 1/4" tubing on the roof.

I changed my coach over primarily for the second, quiet bedroom A/C and that with the 15,000 btu A/C and water heater on, I could not turn on any other appliance. Substitute microwave for water heater, or toaster, or induction hotplate or ice maker+ charger. I have three 15 amps, 120 volt circuits of duplex receptacles (13 total) in my coach, on cold mornings, I want to be able to max them out. I got tired of managing my electrical loads.
In January in Fredericksburg, I manged to get 39 amps on leg 1 and 41 amps on leg 2 according to the PI EMS. We were warm and toasty inside at 26 degrees outside, cooking breakfast. We used no propane for the two weeks we stayed in the area.
Thats good - not sure how to go about changing the legs of power like you have - do you have 50 amp service now but one is at 39 and one is 41? Confusing to me. No propane is awesome for the wintertime.

I think If I had an RV that was 29 foot or longer and I didnt have a 2nd AC installed at factory I would consider it. But for our small 25 - 27 foot Axis/Vegas we are "trying" to make due with our current units and having fun "trying" different things.

I like the Idea of adding a 2nd unit to an RV with only 30 amp service (and only 4000 watt Genny) but have another plug in the you used just for the extra AC unit when your at the camp grounds. That way you dont have to update the entire fuse panel to 50 amp esp. when you only need more juice just for that AC.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum