Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 10:11 PM   #159
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

.....cut....

I suppose an alternative idea might be to replace the 15Kbtu with something around about 20Kbtu or 22kbtu...but the 15k is enough much of the time.

......cut....

As I mentioned before, two smaller A/Cs seems to be a growing trend for mid-size motorhomes that are a little too large for one 15k A/C. The ones offered so far that I’m aware of all have two 11,000 BTU/hr Power Saver A/Cs.

If done from the factory, I’d guesstimate that total added cost would not be more than about $1,000. These units retain the base-case 30-Amp service and 4-kW generator, so they appear to only add a second A/C and needed power management to automate what can run simultaneously. I think it’s a great idea if done from the onset. Retrofitting may get a bit more expensive though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.