Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 11:23 PM   #160
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Having the RV home for a sec I took off one of my forward A/C vents and found exactly the same thing everyone else has (and what halfprice mentioned a few posts above): The channels don't stop at the vents and continue forward at least as far as I can stick my hand in. On our Axis they probably are attempting to cool that big, empty, uninsulated space in the front cap.

I didn't have any expanding foam handy, nor any dynamat or anything else. So I reverted to using the Mythbusters favorite building material: Duct tape.

I used about a dozen 6" strips of duct tape to fashion a ramp to direct the air out the vent and stop it from going forward. With the vent back on it was really easy to feel the difference between the untaped vent and the taped vent.

It doesn't look pretty, but it works:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-27 17.31.41.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	11827
(With the vent on you can't even see it.)

I proceeded to repeat the procedure for the other 3 vents at the end of the duct work.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum