Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 10:55 PM   #31
Dilley-Dilley

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #12091
Recommendation on a basic solar kit

Another thing to remember on RV solar energy systems is that the use of outlets and appliances off of your batteries is limited to those that are connected to your inverter if one is equipped. If someone wants to run a microwave oven or power AC outlets off of there storage batteries then those things need to be wired through the inverter and the inverter needs to be of sufficient capacity to run the things that are wired to it. This might be common knowledge to some but it was news to me. I didn’t have the microwave connected to the inverter but I may add a couple more outlets to it. At that point it becomes power management as you probably wouldn’t want to try and blow dry hair and make coffee at the same time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum