Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 02:31 AM   #8
mark4Jesus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Typically the fixed pressure regulators are less expensive and are not all that accurate. You should be able to get up to 60PSI without creating plumbing problems, it says here in fine print. The conservative approach is to not go higher than 55psi. Somewhere buried in the Girard documentation, or they told me, you need a minimum of 50psi, hence the recommendation to set your adjustable regulator between 50 and 55. I was about ready to pull the tankless and put a regular water heater in, then read that about pressure, dumped my cheap fixed regulator, went with an adjustable set to 53psi, and the heater works great now. We have no problems mixing hot and cold water for the temp we want for things like the shower. I set the temp for 118 to 120 degrees, and frankly am pleased with how it works.
I have an adjustable so I will set it to 53 as you did and give it a try, thanks much!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum