Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
So it's up to buyer to confirm every detail? This would essentially prevent ordering any motorhome.

So there is no way of knowing whether a motorhome comes with a 160 amp-hour battery or a 100 amp-hour? What about whether batteries are flooded or AGM?

I don't understand why the size/capacity and type of batteries can't be stated up front. Class B manufacturers often do. And battery brand is important too. The value of a Trojan or Lifeline AGM is very different than a generic flooded battery.

Same with inverters. A pure sine is very different than modified. Capacity also makes a huge difference, as does whether it is a simple inverter or an inverter/charger.

I guess I need to research the entire buying process. It sounds like you have to find one you like, inspect the heck out of it, and then decide what it's worth to you as presently built.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum