Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #140
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
looking at the number of units shipped last year, and the units projected for this year in the RV industry, and if my math serves me correct, and while it 'sounds' like big number, it's actually less than 1 new RV in a 10square mile area, in the US.
Compare that to the 17,000 new cars/trucks sold last year, and projected higher this year as well, which would equate to almost 39 times as many.

of course, the numbers are subjective since it doesn't take into account those who 'already' own an RV and are trading, though the 'old' RV will now be on the used market...and some RVs start to be taken out of service, though I'm sure at a much slower rate. Cars and trucks are the same.
If you take into consideration the used car and truck market, then over 50,000,000 cars and trucks were 'sold' in the US last year...that's 50MILLION, used and new combined, as well as some being sold 'several' times in the same year(think of the 'buy here, pay here' market, repossessed vehicles and the auction market).

It's mind boggling ...

check my math : )

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum