Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 10:22 PM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
I find the very low step design odd because the Axis/Vegas is marketed as a "sporty" RV (the RUV designation and all), which I would normally associate with younger buyers. Yet to me many of the design details suggest Thor was going more after older buyers -- maybe thinking of those downsizing to make it easier to drive and easier on wallet. A flush entry step would still be adequate for most younger campers, and the lack of a sizable rear garage for bikes and other sporting equipment also doesn't seem very "RUV" to me.
From what I've seen of the marketing for the Axis/Vegas it isn't designed for the "Sporty" folks that you're thinking of (people bringing their bikes off-roading, active types, etc.). From the literature its more like a tricked out conversion van to bring the kid to the soccer tournament, baseball tournament, etc. Spend the weekend parked in a school parking lot 100 miles from home watching 3, 4, or more games.

In addition, if you look at the floorplan for the 24.2:

This one, to me, screams: Tailgate party. Look at it: 3 large TVs (2 inside, 1 outside), generous kitchen, no permanent bed space (like the 24.1 has). If I were to regularly tailgate football games in the fall, or baseball games in the summer this is exactly the layout I would want.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.