Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
tjyap

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9320
Alternator not charging house batteries- Axis 24.1 with BCC

Hey All:
2014 Axis 24.1. New to us. Had original batteries and was always plugged into shore power by prior owner. Toward the end of our first "big" trip noticed that the alternator was no longer charging the house batteries (we have a monitor to read the voltage). Worked well, previously.

House batteries were basically toast so we have since replaced them anyway. Still no charge to the house batteries from the alternator.

We also keep the unit plugged into shore power all the time. The converter is charging both batteries, as it should when plugged into shore power.

From what I can tell we have a BCC (no BIRD and Trombetta). I have a chassis battery monitor that reads 14.4v while the engine is running (so alternator is working) but the house batteries are at 12.5v (and dropping after unplugging from shore power) so- not charging house batteries.

Where do I start to troubleshoot? I assume there is something not functioning correctly, but not sure how to troubleshoot. Tried a bit of searching but only found BIRD/Trombetta threads.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.