Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
tjyap

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
When my OEM batteries when out they acted the same way yours did. I took care of them from new for like 10 mo and the only time there were drained is when CW killed them doing some warrantee work. I could never get them to hold a charge again and the water was not low.

I bet you need new batteries. The orginal batteries are know to go out in the first year on about half of all new RV's. So if they are orginal chances are they are toast.

Look for several threads on new Batteries on this forum and consider upgrading to Two 12 AGM or Two 6 Volt AGM . I think they are worth the price.
Thanks LWR:
I just replaced the house batteries (2 weeks ago). Went with Interstate (cheap for now) 6V in series. The "alternator not charging trouble" started before I replaced them and continues now. The new 6 volts are doing great so far, though we haven't really tested them yet via boon docking.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum