Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #7
tjyap

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9320
Thanks Javelin! See responses inline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi. Does your BCC look “something like” the attached RV Custom Products BCC picture?
With new batteries you say that the converter can charge both house and chassis batteries OK.- Yes!!

Then I think the interconnect relay is also working OK (it ties both batteries together under control of BCC circuitry). Then you say that when the engine is running (and converter AC is off I assume), the alternator charges the chassis battery OK, but not the house battery.- Yes!!

So that would seem to indicate that the interconnect relay is not operating in that particular situation. If you have the RV Custom BCC there is a time delay before the interconnect relay is operated of a few minutes after proper charging voltage is detected (either via the converter or via the alternator).- Agreed. This used to happen. There was normally about 5-10 second delay before you would see the house battery monitor shoot up to 14.4volts. The chassis battery is showing full 14.4 volts after starting the engine, so I believe it should allow it to switch over and start charging the house batteries

Make sure you wait a few minutes for the sense and cutover. It might be possible that the voltage sensing diode from the chassis battery charge side has opened or some part of the sense circuit has failed on the chassis battery side.- Ok. Do you think this is something I could trouble shoot with a voltage meter?

You could also try operating your emergency start switch to force the interconnect relay to operate when running the engine to see if the house batteries now see the alternator voltage. - Cool idea. I will try this, though what will this tell us exactly?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum