Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 11:02 AM   #2
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
The Ford E-Series stripped chassis on which the Axis and Vegas are built has been updated for Ford model year 2016. I'm not sure when that 2016 chassis will appear in motorhomes. From what I've been told here the chassis and motorhome model years don't run concurrently.

The main chassis update I'm interested in is the switch from the old 5-speed 5R110 automatic to the much newer 6R140 presently used in SuperDuty Ford trucks and larger commercial trucks. This applies to chassis like Axis/Vegas with the V10 engine. Other E-Series with the 5.4 V8 will continue with the 5R110 in 2016.

Another change that should be announced within a month or two is an additional floorplan. I was told it would be called the 25.3. It's supposed to have a dinette in front without a slide (to provide forward-facing seating -- a must for me) but reportedly will have a rear bedroom slide on driver side (unfortunately for me because I prefer no slide at all).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum