Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 05:45 AM   #26
sduff

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #12345
Drinks stay nice and cold now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduff View Post
I added more of the Frost King duct I insulation to the doghouse. This time I added it to the front and top portions of the doghouse.

This time, my primary goal was to reduce the heat that is making my drinks warm when I am driving; the additional quiet is just a bonus.

Engine noise was a little quieter as I drove to fill up my coach today. However, it was already pretty quiet just from what I had already done by adding insulation to the sides.

I will know how well the additional heat shielding works regarding keeping my drinks cold after I drive up the the steep portions of State highway 24 on Friday; going to Mueller State Park for the weekend.
The extra insulation did its job! I realized that the engine got significantly quieter (even on steep mountain grades) AND my drinks in the console stayed cool!

Mueller State Park is awesome as well! If you live in Southern Colorado, or you plan on visiting, the state, it is definitely worth it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum