Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 02:38 AM   #4
tanman32225

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Mandalay
State: Florida
THOR #11268
I had something similar to what you are experiencing. I lost power to my turn signals and a few other electrical items. I tried my best to locate the blown fuse but to no avail, the problem remained. I finally called a mobile repair just to keep from putting the unit into the shop and it sitting for days if not weeks before beginning work on it. Besides I could see what he did to repair it. He found out one of the fuse panels was not getting power. For 5 hours he and a helper checked and rechecked things and was baffled. He was very frustrated and began showing me where he was missing power when the turn signal came on. He began tracing that load of wires in a huge wire loom when a big wire popped out of the connector on a terminal block. It had not been crimped properly from the factory and had a bad connection. He placed a new large terminal end on this wire that was as big as a pencil and crimped it then attached it to the terminal block. Viola everything began working as it was supposed to.
The point of this story is your problem may be similar and very hard to find and trace down. It may not just be a blown fuse or circuit breaker, relay or whatnot. It may be simple but hard to find...
BTW the bad connection was located on the firewall behind the headlight under a black cover and I also have a Thor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.