Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Boondocking
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 10:35 PM   #35
Off Our Rocker RV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
I opened this thread in order to show my wife that there are folks who actually boondock and live through the adventure. I am very interested in this process but she has yet to "allow" such a thing as spending the night in a deserted parking lot in the middle of "where ever". So I get on the site and she reads the thread and starts asking me about our battery situation and my only knowledge is that we have two 12 volt house batteries. Then come questions such as what is an inverter, what is a converter, what is a bus, etc. I know most of answers but lack the knowledge of how an inverter actually does its thing, for example, and the answer to her question, "If it broke, could you repair it," is obviously no. (It doesn't seen to matter that I could most likely take the house apart and put it back together just like it was). Now she is even more convinced that boondocking is not in her immediate future thus not in mine. Thanks for y'all's help!!!
We had a good chuckle over this. Tell your wife that we boondock/dry camp/overnight or whatever everyone chooses to call it the majority of the time and not only survive but thrive in the experience.

www.offourrockerrv.com
Off Our Rocker RV is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.