Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #9
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
My wordy version:

The generator and hydraulic pump motor (jacks) are started/powered from the coach batteries typically, so either your coach battery disconnect is not “on” or your coach batteries are not fully charged; 100 Amp breaker open etc. When you are on shore power the LED lamp (if equipped) on the use/store switch......(or in some coaches like mine which has separate switches for coach and chassis battery disconnect/connection), stays lit even if the latching relay is not operated (not on). This means many people see the LED on and think their chassis batteries are charging when they are not. Use/store must be "on" to charge the coach batteries. Best way to make sure is using a voltmeter on your batteries with use/store in the “on” position. If battery voltage is not at least 13+ then it is time to investigate why the converter is not connecting to your coach batteries.
I had a problem with a loose wire going to the 15 Amp C/B holder laying on top of the hydraulic pump. Couldn't fix it without breaking the plastic either so after that I bought a new plastic fuse, wired it in and NOW the slide works every time I press the button. Halaluyah!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.