Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #32
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Ive read that Dynomat and Fat Mat are only for noise reduction and not to be used for heat reduction
Nope, all 3 have an aluminum backing so they all work well for heat. I like to layer them. Dynamat (50 or 80 mill thick) then the 3/4 inch fat mat on top. That will reduce all of the heat and most of the sound.

FK works well (use two or 3 layers to maximize it) if your on a budget but not as well as the others for sound IMO. I have used all 3 of them for years in different rides.

I like FK inside the vehicle (Under carpet etc) since its not as sticky, and the other two under the hood, firewall or foot wells on underside. They hold up great where the FK and fall down if you dont add tape to it as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum