Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #159
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by csseeker View Post
Buyer Beware ---

I decided to replace the 650 lock mechanism on my Axis before it broke. I ordered a 1650 lock for $105 off Amazon. I figured I'd use the magnet test on the plunger and dead bolt of the new lock when it arrived just to be sure it wasn't the pot metal version. IT WAS! They sent a 650 lock to me, not the new version. My order receipt from the seller specifically says 1650. But it is not. Now I'm in the process of returning it to Amazon.

Please be careful and check it to be sure what they sent is what you ordered.
You probably did get the 1650 version. It also has the pot metal plunger. Read some of the reviews on Amazon. Even Trimark's description of the 1650 lock says it's "die cast alloy". I had the 1650 on my Challenger and it broke on us a few weeks ago. Trimark is supposed to be sending us a new lock. I'm hoping it has a steel plunger but I wont know for sure until it gets here.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum