Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I live just south of Richmond so I have very similar conditions as yours. My coaches have always been parked in my driveway and experience about 6 to 8 hours of direct sun per day.

on the exterior a good roof cleaning and sealing once a year is usually good. I generally have mine done at the same time I take the coach in for an annual safety inspection. As to the paint a good wash and paste waxing will generally keep the paint from fading. Keep the tires covered to prevent cracking.

Inside your biggest issue is going to be humidity. Our high relative humidity levels cause mold and also deteriorate sealants and adhesives used for moldings etc... If it is not possible to use a dehumidifier, you need to keep a vent open for air circulation and periodically run the AC to reduce the humidity level inside the coach. You can also use a Desiccant dehumidifier that can be renewed in the oven. Here is the link to one such desiccant dehumidifier on Amazon

Amazon.com : H2Out Space Dryers - SD300 Series : Camping And Hiking Equipment : Sports & Outdoors

Also, keep the interior shades drawn to prevent sun fading on fabrics etc...

I am sure others will have some additional tips.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum