Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #28
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
We are currently experiencing a similar thing. Our 2016 Hurricane is at the dealer now - has been there 2 weeks today - for a few smaller issues. But the main/biggest problem is that the overhead bunk is not working properly. It is off its track or something and while we don't plan to use it, we are concerned that it will drop down while we are underway.

We made an appointment to bring the coach in for repairs and had it there at the appointed time.

We provided a list of things that needed fixing PRIOR to bringing it in.

We went over the list with the service writer at the service department.

She went through this exhaustive list of "how" they deal with warranty issues, saying they had to "take pictures" of all the things that need repairing and submit them to the company to determine who pays for what (dealer vs. manufacturer). Then parts would have to be ordered, and the work done. She said it would be a few days, and asked when we'd like to pick up the coach. We said as soon as possible.

We took the coach in on a Wednesday. The following Tuesday she phoned with a long-winded excuse as to why the coach had not even been looked at since we brought it in. They were "short handed," some other repairs took "longer than expected", so our "turn" got delayed...and on and on.

She then again went through the whole (irritating) process of how they have to approach the warranty work and even "blamed" us because we had such a long list of things to be fixed! She said our coach was on the schedule to be worked on (taking pictures, etc.) the next morning. When I asked when things might be completed, she could not provide any helpful info - and again went on and on about their "process."

So here it is now 2 weeks since we took the coach in, a week since we had contact, and we haven't heard a thing. I plan to call later today if we haven't heard from the dealer by early afternoon.

I've been reading many of the terrible experiences folks have been having with dealers/service departments, and I'm so sad to know there seems to be a pattern of not caring or a severe lack of efficiency on the part of the service departments. That's not very comforting at all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.