Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #38
mstng

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Hello Folks,

Just drove my brand new vegas 24.1 from Orlando to north Florida. PDI went well and was pleasantly surprised with not having many issues. Fit and finish seemed much better than earlier models.

Primary issue is cooling. First is that my dash AC is blowing ambient air and i expect I will have a few hoops to go through to get that resolved. Missed it on delivery. Wasn't going to hang around to get it fixed anyway. In between wiping the sweat off my face i checked the dog house and man was hit hot hot. First order of business will be to insulate that area. Ill have a few questions as I go along.

How much of the dynamat would you expect I would need to purchase to fully insulate? I am interested in sound deadening as well as heat resistance. I have yet to open the dog house and i am sure i will need some help along the way.

Secondly I now know first hand how deficient the coach cooling is. You folks have been invaluable with your info. I have closed off all vents except the living room vents and was doing just OK expecting more flow and cooling. I have progressed to pulling the AC cover off and experienced an incredible amount of air flow. Outlet temperature hasn't changed much but the increased air flow has made a difference in cooling. That air that is now blowing out hard was going somewhere and it wasn't through the 2 front vents I had open. More investigation tomorrow after reviewing your posts.

Thanks fellow Thor owners

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum