Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fgianni View Post
It's and Axerra model and the issue is that the entire display does not come on when activated. I just came back from gassing up the unit . Tired to find a manual for the unit but there is none.
After not finding a manual I tried to power the unit again . Low and behold it is on.
Not sure what the issue is?
P.S. shouldn't there be a manual for this device . I have every conceivable booklet except for this unit ?
Here is the manual for the Axxerra AV614BH

AV614BH Manual.pdf

I had the same issue with mine during my shakedown cruise (1800 miles over 2 weeks) and it was a real PITA.

When I got home I took off the top of my dash and found what I consider to be a poor installation job. The mounting sleeve was held in at two forward mounting points with nothing supporting the rear of the sleeve. The rear support pin on the head unit was not positioned in the pin support bracket on mounting sleeve so the rear of the head unit would bounce around while driving. The wiring harness for the radio was not secured to anything and wires were just flopping around.

I took a piece of plywood and secured the rear of the mounting sleeve and closed the gap between the bottom rear of mounting sleeve and the dashboard eliminating the bouncing of the mounting sleeve. I removed and reinstalled the head unit so that the rear support pin was correcting positioned in the support bracket on the mounting sleeve and using zip ties I secured the wiring harness.

Before doing all of this I was able to cause the unit to lose power by bouncing the rear of it with very little pressure of my index finger and
afterwards I was able to hit the unit in a moderate fashion with the heel of a closed fist and it did not lose power.

I have not yet taken it on the road and tried out the fix, I hope to do that sometime in the near future.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum