Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #12
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Since my wife and I are both relative newbies, it has really been life changing. Where we would sit around and the most important daily topics of discussion would be which programs to record on the the DVR to one of weekly anticipation as to which state park we would visit. Also, yes the adventure of learning, but one of learning how to "live" the RV. What I mean by that is the making of the RV from a home to a house. How we can make ourselves more comfortable.

What I did was make a list of all 54 state parks in Florida where the state park has power and water for the RV. Then I sorted them by distance from our domicile, starting with the closest and working our way out to the furthermost. Before we leave, I investigate as to just why there is a state park at this particular location. We are now more active, learning more about our state, learning more about the RV, and having different and fun experiences at each state park. As an added benefit, the prices at the state parks are very reasonable when compared to RV parks.

I am glad you are doing it sooner rather than later. I have run into a number of elderly couples who didn't pull the trigger and now can't due to health and/or other reasons. I can't remember running into any couple that did pull the trigger and now wish they hadn't.

This forum is one of the best I have ever run into. The responses are quick, intelligent, humorous, and sometimes very helpful.

Perhaps the number one tip I have picked up is that the people on this forum are generally much more knowledgeable intelligent then the salesperson and the answers will be much more forthcoming. E.g. they are not afraid to let you know if you are making a mistake, and both the pro's and con's will definitely emerge on marginal issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum