Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #14
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Most RV sales people are in the process of looking for a career and find the disillusion of this on the hot asphalt of a "camper sales lot" with a promise to make lots of money. They've never owned an RV, know very little about them and sadly, don't care to learn. Ask them a question and the first thing they do is pick up a brochure and start looking for the answer. Most of what they know is limited to reading the two page brochure. The exceptions are the larger, higher end dealers which can be found in Florida, Texas, etc. Then...what you run into are the ones that have become the well-heeled snakes and know well how to cover up, lie and misrepresent the products. There are, I'm sure, a small exception...I am still looking for that one. Do your homework, educate yourself and know exactly what you will and will not tolerate before you ever go in. Get everything they promise you in writing and DO NOT write the check or sign the papers until you have it all. It's amazing how fast their attitudes follow the money...if it's in your pocket...they look at you...if it's in their pocket...they turn their back on you. It's very sad but it's true. I wish the manufacturers would start selling direct.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.