Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #1
Metalgator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Water leaking from furnance

We had our Miramar 35.3 out for a trip this last weekend and we had a ton of rain. I noticed a puddle coming out under the fridge onto the floor. I pulled out the bottom drawer under the stove which is next to the fridge near the floor. There was water dripping from the bottom of the furnace. I did some research and I read that the vent pipe on the outside had a 45 degree angle so water couldn't come in. Once the rain stopped, I went outside and pulled out the vent pipe. The pipe is angled but it was installed with the angle down! Here is a picture of the vent pipe that I pulled out.

Not sure how to fix this as I can't flip the pipe with the angle going up as it won't fit into the compartment. I live in Florida so I don't use the furnace very often so I guess I need to cover the vent hole when it rains until I can figure out a permanent fix.

Burch

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.