Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #11
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
I have a 2018 31Y Four Winds, with the same 4 battery tray under the steps.
I have thought about adding a Flow Rite watering system. I would need to find out the specs to see if there would be enough clearance. I believe it would fit but then the cost of the system could be applied to new maintenance free batteries instead. Thus I figured I would just add the one new battery to the existing two and run them until they all die. I will then replace them all with AGM batteries that require no level checks.

One may ask if I really needed a third battery, but that would be a whole new discussion.
The low profile system fit under my steps, barely! I had installed two Interstate 6 volt batteries to find out if they would run our residential fridge over night. They didn't, we got woke up at 1:30 to alarms beeping. So, went ahead with 2 more batteries with the quick fill. They do pretty well. We ran the genny in the morning and again in the evening for about an hour, hour and a half each time. It was a two night dry site watching the winter storms on the WA coast, we were running the furnace as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-RV2...Q6JTYM9W1B9FFD

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.