Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Normally this subject becomes a huge tomato fight. Class C's are a truck cab, made by a truck manufacturing company...with two doors on each side. Class A's are a "vehicle cab" made by carpenters with no doors. Class C's have airbags. Center of gravity is higher on A's but you have more floor space. Lots of trade offs and most will fight for the choice they made. As you indicated, there are lots of threads on this subject and you seem to have read a lot of them. I've made no modifications to my C and it handles like a dream. I would continue searching through this forum for existing threads on this subject. Some of us are just now pulling bandages from our heads from the last time we entered this ring. I never understood why someone would buy a motorhome knowing there is a list a mile long with serious additional costs, just to make it perform like it should in the beginning. Now...let's talk cooling issues in the "cab"...dashes falling apart, windows dropping out, wipers flailing around like propellers, cooking burgers on the engine cover (doghouse), wearing earplugs because engine is in your lap and screaming, electrical problems throughout the dash...there is a lot more difference in these two configurations other than the fact that a C handles much better with no additional modifications necessary.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum