Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #220
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
This is with both the front 15k and the rear Mach 8 13.5k running on high fan full cold on generator power. Under 25 amps total for both AC's. Not bad considering the generator is good for 33 amps. You don't need 50 amp service if you know how to monitor and use the 30 amp service. I can run both AC's on shore or generator power with no issues.

I'm done with my AC modding. I'm working on headlights now. HID low beams, LED high beams, LED spotlights that come on with high beams and LED floodlights that come on with a switch or with low beams. With high beams on, every light on the front is lit! Yeah, it's like daylight for half a mile ahead of us.
I’m intrigued with this.
You wired both ac units together in a 30 amp unit and have both running on the gen.
I guess that would take some work and be too long for you to share how? 
I’m not much of the do it yourself person.
I have my limitations and can live with it.
I will have a motorhome tech install the 2nd unit but all I have talked with so far,
tell me it has to have it’s own plug for the 110 outlet in the shore power box.
Of course then only the front unit would run on the gen.
Regardless, sounds great.
Thanks for sharing your project.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum