Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: DPF and REGEN
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 03:08 AM   #20
MEWright

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #12520
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The faster they plug the sooner the auto regeneration kicks in. It's totally automated. Just keep fresh DEF in the system and drive on.
This is not totally correct. The DEF filter is the last filter of the 3. The REGEN as it was explained to me by Freightliner actually effects the DPF filter prior to the filter the DEF is used for. Once the DPF filter clogs with soot a REGEN will not burn it out. Yes it is automated but with cummings you can force a "parked REGEN" if you model allows.

I understood the filters to be 1st the NOx or DOC Filter, 2nd the DPF then lastly the SCR catalyst that utilizes DEF. as seen in the last diagram on the attached web site;

6.7L Cummins Emissions System Explained

This is how I understood this to all work from the conversations I had with the tech and service mgr as well as what I have read.

All great advice though, fresh DEF, drive it, dont idle more than needed, use high idle when you can, run good fuel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.