Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #15
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
I have a Chateau 31E. It tended to wander around a lot and really got pushed across its lane when semis passed. This made driving more stressful and more fatiguing for me.

I first got a good alignment done. I was going to have the camber/caster sleeves installed to get more caster, but it was already at +5 degrees so I was happy with that.

Then I installed bigger front and rear swaybars.
And finally, I installed a Saf-T-Plus steering controller.

It drives much better now. It tracks nicely, steering feedback and re-centering is better, and it doesn't get pushed around as much by the wind or trucks passing. Driving long distances is much less tiring, so these modifications were well worth it.

We just finished a 5000+ mile trip towing a CR-V with no issues.

The rear suspension does feel under-damped when driving on undulating roads or dips, so I plan to install Bilstein HD shocks in the future. Since this is such a heavy RV adding a leaf to the rear springs might also be a good idea.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.